CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Guest Blog from Visiting Cousin

Hello


I am in Paris with Jess.  This is what happened in 24 hours... I have been in 4 countries (US, Canada, Germany and France) and on probably 12 different airplanes.  I missed connection #1 because plane #1 (Philly to Toronto) had a broken Jump Seat and we sat on the runway for 3 hours, arriving in Toronto at 7:15 and my flight to France was at 6:45...

The first person I talked to told me they would send my bags to baggage, where I could collect them and go to ticketing for a new flight... my bags were NOT at baggage.  The baggage help-guy said that 2 bags did, in fact make the flight and would be waiting in France for me.  Ooh la la.  Ticketing put me on a flight to France via Frankfurt, Germany.

When we were supposed to depart Toronto, everything was a go except... no pilots.  Two hours later... pilots.  Guess who missed her connection in Frankfurt?  I got a NEW flight to Paris.  We made it to Paris (ooh la la)... but the bags were nowhere to be seen.  And no one knew where they were.  So I filled out a form.

By the way, if you miss your connection, your vegetarian meal just gets discarded.  My fault for not pre-booking veg meals on every flight every possible way to get to Paris.  Thankfully, a crafty flight attendant scored me a fruit cup.

Jess was waiting (the only thing that worked out).  We took a painfully slow train into Paris, and did what MUST be done (and seems to be Jess's calling) as we are leaving for MaDRID AT 4:30 am (WAIT did I agree to this?)  Ducking under closing door-gates as the shops were closing Jess screamed (in french) "Do you sell women's underwear??!?!?  This is an underwear emergency!"...  Shop after shop for an hour denied us.  No panties at the Gap???  None at the grocery store?  What is wrong with Paris?

Finally a Target-like shop (Monoprix) proved to be the one and only saviour (as Jess just said, the panty haven)...  I now have 6 pairs of underwear, 3 pairs of socks, 1 pair of jeans, 1 bra and contact lens solution.... Let's hope my luggage turns up!






written by Angie (my cousin)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your story brought tears to my eyes. I can just picture you both, expecially since I heard Laura's story from the other side.
I am sure your tale will only get better once you are on your way on Jessie & Angie's excellent adventure. Sounds like a movie in the making to me ladies - challenge...Have fun - think of me in Amsterdam(: enjoy

Ki said purple - dark, like plum/eggplant type of bag. Neutral if you can't find anything.