CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Me and the Trottinette of Death

Today Raphy asked me to ride a scooter (trottinette) with her to school.  This is possibly the worst experience in my whole entire life.  Not only was I trying to protect Raphy from on going traffic I was also trying to maintain my precarious balance on the stupid scooter.  Several times I actually stumbled into pedestrians who thought I was clumsy and too old for a scooter.  The lesson learned from this is that sometimes you are in fact too old for some things, and those things are mainly trottinettes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember a time (testing for kindergarten), when Jessie felt the same way about all things requiring balance.
Although able to walk at 7 months (which is quite early), she had problems learning to skip, gallop, etc...
Both Daddy and I spent countless hours, practicing, so she could "pass" and be allowed entrance into kindergarten.
We now know that you had and still have a problem with balancing!!
Remember, you are never to old to keep trying!!

Bonnie Blue said...

Hey Cuz,

You've inspired me.. I'm back on blogger. Gonna do a few Japan posts. (we'll see how long this lasts before I am back to studying).

Like reading about your mishaps.. like the big chair pic :-). I think you should practice a little more. Scootering sounds awesome!

Can't wait to see you!

JimJim said...

Hi Jessie

I certaintly can sympathize with you, as I also had a balance problem. I could surely teach you to be more sure footed, but I'm afraid you would not relish my suggestions, as a matter of fact, I should have practiced what I preached.

Hope your settling in alright, and that all is going well for you.

Aunt Sue said...

Hi Jess,

Brian thinks the trottinette sounds fun! (But what does he know, he is only 10!!) He wants to see a picture of it.
Anyway, the Heckmans say Hi.

Love,
Aunt Sue and Bri