CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 11, 2008

First Day of School

Today, I had my first class with Sylvia.  She seems to be pretty cool and the course is rudimentary grammar but helas it is quite helpful.  I am basically the only American and there are no other english speakers.  Everyone else is either japanese, german or spanish... It's very interesting to be taught french without relying on your basic english knowledge.  We are not allowed to use dictionaries when we don't know a word but instead we have to try and describe the word in french.  It is actually quite helpful, I think.  I have to admit I have trouble understanding when some of the foreigners speak french as their accents are difficult.  But overall it was a good experience...and I hope I can learn a lot!  

0 comments: