CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 1, 2008

Psychic Cousins, NOT Psycho Broads

My cousin Angie and I just spent a whirlwind 24 hours driving down to DC and back. On the way we stopped and visited my other cousin (Angie's sister) who lives in Baltimore. We had some lovely cousin bonding time which consisted of huge Mexican platters, Jeopardy, American Idol and House.... apparently we are lame home bodies who only like watching TV.


After Angie and I left Stephy's house at 7 am, we made our way down to the Nation's capital to the French Embassy to get a visa. Luckily we found it in plenty of time (we were 3 hours early). With all the additional time we decided to wander a bit through Georgetown. Out of the 4 hours we were in Washington; 2 hours was spent walking to M Street, 1 hour was spent walking through shops like the Gap and J. Crew, 30 minutes was spent trying to take a picture on a HUGE Adirondack mint green chair in front of the Duke Ellington School of the Arts, and about 15 minutes was spent actually obtaining the visa from the very mean frenchies.


The last 15 minutes was dedicated to the extraordinary intellect of Angie and me. In the car driving through Washington, I noticed American's campus and I said to myself and later outloud, "I think Rachel (my cousin Danny's girlfriend) lives around here, we should call Danny and get him to call Rachel". About 10 minutes later Angie is screaming, "I just saw Rachel walking down the street! In a blue Coat! Walking down the street!" So I stop, incredulous in my disbelief that we could run into the ONE person we know who lives anywhere near Washington DC at quarter til 9 in the morning. So I turn the car around and there she is Rachel Wise! It was possibly the most incredible thing that's ever happened to me before. Notice the psychic power caused by the cousins right there.

So we depart Washington and get ready for the 3 hour ride back to good ole Lansdale, PA. As we are driving back I turn to my cousin and say, "I need to go to the outlets this week and get some stuff for my host mom from Osh Gosh" and Angie replies in about 20 seconds, "Did you say that because we are passing an outlet mall right now?" As you can tell there is some evidence of psychic power generated by us two cousins.

On a side note: despite what any comedian or crazy blond woman said in Atlantic City, Angie and I are not psycho broads, for the record. Our laugh is cute and does not sound like the last sound you here before being murdered by someone in the backseat of your car.

0 comments: