CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Battle of the Sexes

I saw one of my favorite men in the world today, and he bought me lunch. If he wasn't gay and in a relationship (with someone I approve of) I would totally try and steal him. Lucky for me, he loves me just as much as I love him.

Why can't guys just do what we want them to do without us having to tell them. I sometimes feel like it's our society's sadistic version of an ongoing world war, men v. women the final final frontier. On the guy's side, they are just trying to hook up with relatively attractive women and put themselves in a position to continue doing this. The women on the other hand want to develop this perfect "boyfriend" and to find out if the guy you are seeing is the right one, we put him through a variety of little tests made up in our own mind. If he loves me, he'll ask me to marry him by December. If he starts to put the toilet seat down, he truly wants to be with me. I know he's in love if he'll fix my carburetor. To tell you the truth, I don't think men understand just how many tests women put them through without their knowledge.

Tiffy and I were discussing how we are each secretly testing our boyfriends at the moment. She is waiting to see who will hang a picture in her apartment first. She asked him to do it about a week ago, but he hasn't yet (neither has she). Hopefully he will get his butt in gear or he will "fail" one of our crazy tests invented to see if a boyfriend is "good enough". Truthfully, I really don't think anyone is quite "good enough" for her, but if he hangs the picture he will be one step closer. I am abstaining from mentioning my boyfriend's test as he does check the blog, luckily we live 3,000 miles apart and over an ocean from each other so he can't browbeat me. But I will tell you that the BF has struck out a couple of times (he's compared my hair to a possum and my legs to ham), but he's also hit quite a bit of homeruns (pretty ring and London)....

I guess it all equals out in the end, but testing them is just too much fun.

1 comments:

bob m said...

It was so great seeing you! I sent all kinds of good "FIRST CLASS" thoughts your way on Sunday - hope all went well!

I'll keep reading about your adventures in Paris!

P.S. Homegrown will ALWAYS be "our place".

Je t'adore!