CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Wait

January 6. That's when I was supposed to leave this god forsaken place and be in my dream town, well I guess city of Paris...but alas I have been thwarted by the French government. Really no surprise. So now it's January 16 and I am dilly dallying around North Wales, PA. I don't really feel like doing much of anything to tell you the truth. I am about an eighth of the way packed with really no hope of finishing.

How can you put your life in 3 bags and then fly off to Paris? Who does that? Well obviously I do...or will. But still making a decision between my 2 favorite cardigans is like Sophie's choice. Do I take navy or black... usually what happens is I decide to take both and then my luggage is 20 lbs overweight and I am paying $300 to get my luggage over to France a la the incident of Study Abroad 2005. Nonetheless, I will overcome this and be in Paris hopefully in no less than a week. Once there the first order of business is 1) bottle of cheap French red wine 2) baguette 3) chevre 4) Notre Dame and La Seine and I will stay there until I have to do something...

Whilst in Paris I plan on living the life of Gigi, the best Musical to rock the Academy Awards... at least in my opinion. If you happen to be in Paris when I am, if you see a girl walking down the streets singing "The Night they Invented Champagne" or "Thank Heaven for Little Girls" it most likely is me. Sadly, I think this is the movie that started my love affair with all things French. If I remember correctly my mother let me watch it when I was 5 or 6. Let me just give you a quick update on the plot: poor young beautiful girl is trained by her mother and aunt to be a courtesan to some of France's and the world's most powerful men. I find that funny that 2 of my childhood favorite movies had me idolizing prostitutes (the other Pretty Woman) What do you think Freud would say about that?

Well enough with my Paris daydreams... back to the States.

My mom just had some surgery and we've been hanging out. Which can be fun but can also be similar to a spinal tap. She's recovering pretty well, but she has developed what I like to term "Displaced Princess Syndrome", where she thinks she is a Princess and everyone should wait on her.

This is all I feel like writing for my first post ever, maybe I will continue later.

Much love.

0 comments: