CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

There's No Place Like Home... to find out bad news

After an adventurous trek home, I was actually there... After 2 days of recovery, my Dad decided to surprise me and make it an adventure at home by having a heart attack. He had had the actual heart attack the day I flew home. Probably was all the stress of the stand by flight and the tornado and the thought that his daughter was flying through a tornado... We didn't go to the hospital til Wednesday, and still the ER docs thought that it might still just be a pinched nerve. But NO, Dad had a heart attack.

I know.

Who would have thought someone so apparently healthy and active could have any sort of cardiac problems. He had even quit smoking a month and half before the actual event.

So needless to say the week after that was filled with lots of nervous anxiety as Dad went to the hospital to have 3 stints put in. Two operations later and about 8 days, he was out of the
hospital with the OK from the cardiologist. Basically he ended up being very lucky and should be at least 150% better/more active than he was the past year...

So Dad I guess we're expecting you to dig a pool than after all your cardiotherapy is done.

I can't express how happy I was to be home with my Dad at this time. If I had been in Paris when something like this happened, I don't think I would have handled it very well. I guess you never really realize how things will effect you til you are living them. Luckily I spent an amazing month and a half with my parents at home and saw how well he was recovering, which I am so glad for.

I love you Daddy.

1 comments:

ctrlqueen said...

Having you home was the best therapy I could have asked for. I love you and am so greatfull for everything that you and Vince did for me. Just remember all of those shopping trips caused me alot of stress (only teasing) love ya and talk to you soon
Dad