CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 3, 2008

First Day Blues

School's finally started and after highly anticipated and anxiety ridden night of waiting for my first class, I woke up at about 6:45 to start my journey to my school. It's about a 40 minute commute door to door to the Lycee, but I have to switch at Chatelet onto a new metro, which during the morning rush is a bit jammed.

It's one of the first mornings I saw the Manet's before 4:30 pm, and it seems they, like me, aren't especially morning people, BUT Raphy was kind enough to buy me a lovely brioche suisse from the boulangerie which really made my morning.

After my lovely commute with all the stinky parisians on the metro, I arrived at the lycee to... an empty classroom. I thought maybe students like their adult counterparts are all on the fashionably late side. I waited til 8:45 (my class starts at 8:30) and still no students. Finally I went down and talked to my responsable who informed me that one teacher forgot to inform 3 of my 4 classes of the day that I was there, so basically instead of 4 classes I had ONE. And the one class I DID HAVE only had 3 students out of 12 show up.

The three girls I did have were quite nice and we had a nice class where I got to talk to them one on one a bit.

Luckily with the extra 3 hours I had at school I ended up getting all my administrative stuff done which includes my direct payment paperwork so that I will be paid end of October instead of November. I also have my own cubby hole, photocopier password and log-on ID, it's like I'm a real teacher...

I guess as they say in Paris... metro, boulot, dodo for this one right here...

0 comments: