CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Something Scary...

For the first time ever in Paris, I have been slightly scared walking on the streets. I was worried when I first came over because the man at customs asked me if I knew karate or judo for the area I was working in. Luckily for me, I find Les Lilas to be a nice quiet, clean suburbs and the kids to be generally nice and well behaved.

This is not the same case for Bondy, where my teacher training is. Bondy is like dirty, people push you off the bus, and everyone just looks plain mad. I took the bus from my school to Bondy and people actually got on a fight on the bus and they had to stop it.

The high school in Bondy has a locked gate which you need to get access to get in and get out. Children are basically held prisoners in the schools.

I guess it's not like walking through Grey's Ferry or Harlem or Compton (there are no guns here) but still it was a little bit scary...

0 comments: