CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 6, 2008

At home with the boy....

After an adventurous three weeks with my parentals at home, my lovely boyfriend was arriving in North Wales after about 5 months of not seeing each other.

For the first couple of days, I let Vince adjust to the change in time by playing lots of Rock Band. The first weekend he was here, several family members came over and we were able to impress everyone with our mutual Rock band skills (mine being the guitar, his the drums), we were an unstoppable force when combined with my mom's singing skills...

The first Sunday, Vince and I left on an adventure down to Washington to get my visa, which was surprisingly very easy and hassle free, especially since the French were involved. After about an hour filled with a trial sit down in the park (we ended up leaving because of mosquitos) we decided to head down to the beach.



We arrived in Cape May (thanks to the Cape May-Lewes Ferry) about midday so we had at least a good 3 hours on the beach, where I proceeded to get paler (sunscreen) and Vince proceeded to get burnt (lack of sunscreen). Once we had had enough (I was hungry) we (I) decided to leave and go meet up with my friend from high school, Lauren.

We spent the night with Lauren, her fiance Ryan and their baby Gabriel. The baby was adorable and an absolute pleasure to see (he also slept soundly during the night). It was so nice to see Lauren.

We then headed off to Avalon to meet up with my Aunt and Uncle and 3 cousins to spend the night at their place. It was nice to get some time with my cousins as I don't get to see them too often. I took them to a local arcade where I helped the two boys win some cap guns and the little girl a Webkinz.

We said goodbye to Avalon, and were off on the next stage of our adventure: Baltimore. We arrived mid afternoon, about an hour after my parents. That night Vince and my Dad were going to a baseball game and my mom, cousin and I were going to go to dinner and shopping. Leaving the boys in the capable hands of my Aunt and Uncle, Mom, Cousin and I journeyed over to the shops right on the main harbor, where Stephy was able to find a lovely trench coat, and I found some cute J Crew Ballet Rain Flats. Afterwards we ate a delicious seafood filled meal, dropped Stephy off and then crashed back at the hotel room.

The next morning in Baltimore, Vince and I managed to wake up relatively early to go to the Body Worlds Exhibit. SO COOL! If you get a chance you absolutely must do. It basically is a display of real human bodies which a German professor plastified. From the exhibit you get to see the importance of each muscle, nerve, organ, etc. in the body. It's really incredibly interesting.

Once we finished with Body Worlds, Mom and I went back to the hotel to take naps and the boys went to get hamburgers. Upon waking we headed over the Bicycle, a nice restaurant in the "Fancier" part of Baltimore, where we all had an extraordinary 3 course meal. Vince and I then took a half an hour walk home where he whispered romantic nothings into my ear (haha).



The next morning we had to leave Baltimore, but not without a little aquarium fun! We got to see cool sharks and stingrays and poison dart frogs. One of the coolest things was when they fed the stingrays!

After 5 days of living out of the car, Vince and I were glad to be at home for a couple of days. We hung out with my family, visited friends, and had an all around nice time. It was quite spectacular getting to spend 2 weeks with my boyfriend.

0 comments: