CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

I Want to Take You to a GAY Bar

My good friend in Paris, Steph invited me to come see this band perform up by Republique in one of Edith Piaf's old clubs. Sounds pretty cool to be checking out the Little Sparrow's old haunts, and it was. It was a dark club stained with years of cigarette smoke and spilled glasses of wine. The scene itself was pretty cool... well dressed women (very Parisian chic) gathered around sipping on their red wine or beer pints... very many women... in fact, no men. Other than my friend Steph's boyfriend we were all women there. So we're hanging out enjoying the cool indie scene and it suddenly dawns on Steph that this is in fact a lesbian bar. She took me to a lesbian bar. I have to say I've never been to a lasbian bar before but I think it was definitely way cooler scene-wise than any straight bar I've been to in a long time.

So Steph and I danced to the androgenous sounds of Patricia, a blond woman with a Beatles haircut in a nicely tailored grey pinstripe suit. Her voice was actually pretty incredible. When the two of us sat down to have a little conversation, some crazy man started to hit on us and Steph whispered under her breath "Grab my knee and start speaking really fast" as to prevent any unwanted advances. During our hour long conversation, this same man (the only other in the club) proceeded to attempt to hit on us at least 5 times. We continually dissuaded him with fast English and good ole fashion knee caresses.

Editor's note: Luke (Steph's boyfriend) had abandoned us for 2 hours at this point.

After the concert finished up and Steph and I got out all of our girly talk out we went in search of Luke, much to our dismay, not only was Luke talking to the man who hit on us 5 times but it appears he had made lifetime pals with him.

Overall my first lesbian bar was a success, thanks to androgynous musicians, knee caresses, Edith Piaf and some delicious red red wine.

0 comments: