CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Why the Hanson Brothers are Musical Geniuses...

The next day we wake up and just sort of hang around the hostel... I of course buy myself a new camera COMPLETE with tripod, possibly the best feature for a camera EVER! After waiting about an hour, Angie and I drag our bags to the airport bus (really just me as there is only one). Nothing really exciting happened now.

We got on a plane, a flourescent green and blue Transavia one, if that gives you any indication of Holland. And to Angie's delight the fabric was made with embroidered emoticons! Just the fabric my mom is looking for, right?

So we arrive in Amsterdam and take the train to Centraal Station, which is a beautiful old building located right in the heart of the city. Luckily for us, we were able to find our couchsurfing host amongst all the men in "black overcoats", which luckily is NOT what Keanu Reeves wore in the Matrix.

So we meet up with Robb and he tells us all about why he is in Amsterdam, as he is originally from Cali. Apparently he is some sort of silcone molding scientist, who coats his silcone models in gold? I don't know I sort of stopped listening after a while. We dropped off oru things and headed back into the main city.

Robb first took us to Leipsestraat, where all the shopping is and also a delicious Wagamama* Restaurant. For those who have never heard, Wagamama* is a delicious British asian noodle house. I had most delicious shrimp in a thai coconut broth, YUM! Angie and I went on a big splurge and even ordered up some most delicious fried bananas!

Check out some Amsterdam Pictures!

0 comments: