CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Frohe Ostern

Spring is in the air! So the only reasonable thing I wanted to do was be with my lovey for Easter. This was not an easy feat as the cheapest way to get to Germany was by bus. Lucky for me the bus ended up being 2 hours longer than it was supposed to be and I arrived in Munich to a freezing cold Vince.

We went straight into the city and visited the Neue Pintathek. It was actually a pretty incredible museum with artwork ranging from the Middle Ages to my personal favorite, Klimt. After a good 2 hours at the Pintathek, Vince and I went for a lovely drink and lunch at a corner restaurant. It was actually quite delicious, and my tummy was content. Surprisingly Germans DO have vegetarian meals!

After our meal we then headed to Vince's family friends, the Sabalowskis for a nice early Easter dinner. I even tried lamb, which was interesting... Afterwards we played Wii, I am perhaps the most awkward person to ever play this game, although that is closely followed by my bright red boyfriend. After a couple of rousing hours of Wii, Vince and I headed back to Erlangen, I was lucky enough to not be the designated driver and also be quite tired!

Vince and I then spent a relaxing morning at home and went and grocery shopped for something to make for Easter Dinner with the Sablowskis, we ended up choosing a green bean casserole and some gross German vegetable mayonnaise thing. After a day of cooking, we headed back into Munich for some Easter celebrations.

Another delicious lamb meal and a rousing game of 6 nimmt, and the younger crowd was ready to head out to check out the German club scene. Let's just say, Germans can for the most part not dance. Originally I thought it was just my boyfriend, but after a closer examination, it is all of them. Although inherently the German females have more grace and composure on the dance floor than the men. Secondly, German club music is either AWESOME 80's music or AWFUL hard German rock, which is the worst music to ever been played. After one too many drinks and some awful music we headed home only to find we missed our bus by 5 minutes.

Once home, we went to our respective sleeping areas and I was pleasantly surprised by a huge bottle of water! Unpleasantly it was bubbly water....

The next morning after lovely German waffles, Vince and I headed back to Erlangen to take care of the cat (who after months of residence with the Buergers still has no definite name) Vince somehow coerced my lazy bottom into a lovely hike around Erlangen (it took 2 and a half hours) and it was quite cold but beautiful. We then lazed around watched a movie and the next day headed out to take me to my 12 hour bus!

What a lovely way to spend your Easter! I guess if I couldn't be with my family I could at least be with a boy I love!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Jessie - I love KLIMT!!! Seriously, my favorite artist too. I already dream of "the kiss" hanging on my house's wall and it being the first thing everyperson who comes in sees. haha. It sounds like you had a good easter and was nice that you were at least able to be with Vince. My one german easter involved traveling from the north > south of germany on 8 different trains with my parents - quite the trip! I'm so jealous of you though, it looks your having an amazing time. I also just read some of your more recent posts, sorry to hear about your finger - loved your fake excuse for it though! haha. Presumably if you are still there in summer 09, we will need to make travel plans. I plan on being in Germany in July of 09 now for my host sisters wedding. Hope everything else is well, we miss you here and think of you often!

- Jennifer