CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Brownies are delicious!

March 8, 2008, this was Vince's Birthday!

We started this morning shopping for my cousin in Leipseplein Straase, where Angie bought herself some pretty awesome sparkle shoes. After about an hour, we were on the hunt for the I AMSTERDAM sign, only to find out that it was hiding behind the Rijksmuseum the whole time. After an hour photo shoot which was later copied by all the other tourists, we went to the Van Gogh Museum.

Absolutely incredible, if you even slightly like Van Gogh, I recommend the museum. It's amazing, not only do you get to see some of his most famous works (Sunflowers, The Bedroom, Self Portrait, the Potatoeaters) and some lesser known sketches as he was constantly sketching on everything. After about 2 hours in the museum, we went to the special exhibition on John Edward Millais, famous for his painting of Ophelia from Macbeth. I almost liked this exhibit more than the museum. I really enjoyed the paintings by Millais and found the way it was arranged to be amazing.

Sadly though, we lost Robb. We went in together and lost him in the museum. We tried to find him for at least 30 minutes but he was gone or we kept passing him. It was weird. As we weren't in Amsterdam long we really couldn't waste time waiting for him so we left and continued to explore the city, specifically we went to the Bloemenmarkt to see all the flowers. Once again I was tricked by Amsterdam. Instead of fresh flowers or cut flowers being at the market, it's a market for bulbs mostly. Still beautiful and I bought myself a beautiful pink tulip.

After we decided to go to the Grasshopper (this time the big one) and try another space cake. It was delicious again especially with a cappuccino. This time Angie felt it a bit more than me.

We returned to Robb's only to find that he had spent the same time searching for us, but he was glad that we had gone exploring.

I tried to cook, but I think I was a bit effected by the Space cake as I scalded my stomach and I now have a pretty atrocious scar on my belly button because of it.

After we ate dinner and went to sleep after packing as we left the next day.

0 comments: