CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

The day my world ended... in Barcelona

Last Day in Barcelona in Photos!

We woke up relatively early for us, and attempted to find the Dali museum, which was absolutely incredible. So many not famous works that were absolutely incredible. We saw original illustrations that Dali did for Dante's Inferno which were incredible. Included in the exhibit were original glass works by Dali.

We headed to the funiculaire, which we thought was going to be similar to Madrid''s Cabines, but ended up being like a ride up a mountain on a train... oops

Beautiful views of Barcelona then my camera broke so alas I was a little miserable for half of the day. Luckily I let Angie go her own way and I took a nap.

After my nap, I woke up and hung out with some of my new friends in the hostel until my cousin came back. When Angie was back, we went to the free flamenco show, which was to say the least.... interesting. It was a man who could move his feet faster than anyone I know or anyone I ever want to meet.

Afterwards we decided to go find what I originally termed the Rocket Ship of Barcelona. A big what I assumed colored building actually an office building called the Torre Agbar. Little did I know, when we got there it appeared to be a giant dildo.

Of course we had to pose with the phallic symbol.

Then we wandered around taking funny pictures until we came to the Sagratta Familia the amazing church Gaudi was in the process of building at his death. Currently Barcelona is spending 100 years rebuilding the church, ridiculous, right? So for the next half century at least the cathedral will be under construction.

Afterwards we tried to go to sleep early as we had a lot of traveling the next day.

1 comments:

Paul said...

I believe the word you are looking to describe the Dali Exhibit would be....Incredible.