CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Best Damn Holiday of the Whole Entire Year

St. Patrick's Day, Oh St. Patrick's Day. Oh beautiful day when all the planets collide to make what can be only termed the most wonderful celebration of mankind and it's love for all things but most of all alcohol.

Back in the olden times, St. Patrick was being persecuted yada yada yada yada, so he drank some Guiness then a shot of Jameson and his life was better. So in honor of the holy man, we all get really drunk and sing loudly. This year thanks to the Pope, St. Patrick's Day (usually March 17) was moved from a Monday to a Saturday! How awesome in the Pope thinking about everyone's hangovers the next day!?! Apparently, it was actually because St. Patty's day fell during Holy Week but Pish posh, we all know Benedict wanted to get down with his bad self, and couldn't go to work on Tuesday if St. Patty's was left on Monday.

I went out. Friday night I went out a little to hard and wasn't quite prepared for St. Patrick's Day. I don't really remember any of Friday night and sadly there is no photo documentation, I can only go on reports that I *ROCKED* at beer pong, and that I am an international goddess.

Little to say, I was not quite ready for partying again Saturday night as I woke up at 5pm in the evening. I got ready quickly and I went over to my favorite Rue Mouffetarde for a little fun with John and Sarah (my English friend). As Sarah and I walk in we are serenaded by the sounds of little (not really) Irish men and immediately were handed Guinesses from John. John introduced us to his friend Ruairi, the butt grabbing Irish man who declared we would be the most awesome couple had we both not had significant others. So for the rest of the night the Irish men kept grabbing Sarah and my asses, so it was only fair that we grab back.


Then the 3 Irish boys, Ruairi, Cian (real Irish) and John (Boston Irish) burst into song and dance right there in the pub. I don't think ST. Pat's day would have been more fun even if we were in Ireland!


At this point I believe I told Sarah to steal a Guiness print which now hangs in my room.


Once Sarah and I started to do shots the night turned from great to wonderful to awful all in one turn, as at some point I forgot about my previous hangover and decided to stay awake til the early morning.


Any who let's just say, after what can only be termed the most ridiculous night into morning I ever, I arrived back in my bed at 7am.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome