CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Are you saying Mr. Bean is an Elephant??? Madrid Continues

After let's just say a rough night partaking of the Czech specialty, Angie and I didn't wake up til late.... Well I woke up at 10:30 and spent some time with Pablo and Rasta before Pablo left. Let's just say, I think Pablo may have had a crush on me, but he was supremely disappointed that I had a Vince in Germany and wanted me to have a Pablo in Madrid. Lucky for Vince, I decided to control my self and play with Rasta instead.

Once we got going, we spent the day exploring Madrid's lovely streets.

Once Angie was up and we were both ready, we headed to Museo Thyssen Bornemisya, a private art collection owned by a wealthy Spanish woman who was married to a Swiss Baron. Included in the amazing collection was works by Kadinsky, Ernst, Degas, Dali, O'Keefe, Renoir, Money, Manet, Picasso, and Van Gogh. We also bought a ticket to the Modigliani exhibit and some of his incredible art work which was inspired by Masters like Cezanne and Juan Gris. All in all, a pretty incredible exhibit.


Afterwards, Angie and I just walked for a bit and explored the city, nothing too exciting.


Pretty awesome place we should've eaten at...


Grabbed some food at the Spanish version of McDonald's which included nachos with mayonaise (gross), who could've thought the Spanish could ruin something so incredibly?


When we got back to Matias' apartment, everyone was heading out for a carne asada at Johnny and Lily's apartment. We trekked out to God knows where, and discovered that Lily and Johnny had a beautiful apartment.













After the manly Argentinean men handled the meat (which turned out to be diaphragm), the barbecue was started!


Lucky for me my new friend Fernando is from Mexico and he happens to have the super secret recipe known only by Mexicans for delicious guacamole and salsa....


mmm I miss American mexican food, almost more than Mexican mexican food.




After fun and revelry, they broke out the absinthe and I became a drunk mess. Let's just say me and real absinthe are a party in a gulp. Don't worry I tried both red and GREEN absinthe, red is less licoricey. Angie was only brave enough to sip the green gracefully out of a wine glass.



Then we partied like an Argentinean...

Crazy Argentinean Women (and a Spaniard)

Johnny was kind enough to DJ the party and we partied it up again til 5 in the morning...


Let's just say I can never live in Spain as I can't handle the fun!



0 comments: