CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 23, 2010

There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays

What can I say? I guess it was silly of me to think that I wouldn't miss home at Christmas. I didn't think that I was one of those people who needed that once every year same tradition to keep sane, but I am pretty sure it's a necessary in my book. Even though I spent my Christmas on beautiful golden sanded beaches in the poshest spot in Australia, I couldn't get passed not being with my family. I really missed everyone.


I just noticed this, as my two year mark in Paris approaches, that I am downright homesick. Just talking to my aunt the other day online made me cry. I miss seeing my cousins grow up, I miss hugging my parents and I miss just being able to grab a drink with an old friend. Even though I love Paris and everyone I have here, I find myself hermitting myself in my apartment to fend off the winter cold.

I really can't complain, I'm a lucky girl. So hopefully I can shed this homesickness before I head to Barcelona next weekend!


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you writing again. I really missed you during the holidays . We will celebrate Christmas in April. Love ya.
Dad